What does it do? Our formula permanently repairs larger leaks in radiators, intake manifolds and gaskets, heater cores, blocks, heads and freeze plugs. It contains an antifreeze-compatible sodium silicate liquid glass formula, so no draining of the cooling system is required. Not to mention, it will not harm the cooling system when used properly. The intake gasket seal you’ve been looking for is far more effective, easy to use, and less expensive than you’ve ever imagined. This is why Bar’s Leaks exists: to offer usable, low-cost intake gasket seal and other products to auto owners who have no special experience or expertise. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, so we know a thing or two about chemical repairs.
- Allow engine to cool. Make sure engine is cool enough so radiator cap can be safely removed.
- Shake well. Pour Bar’s Leaks Liquid Copper directly into radiator. If using in a small cooling system including all 3 and 4 cylinder engines, use 1/2 bottle. TIP: If direct access to radiator is not available and if overflow tank is pressurized, you can install in tank.
- Fill radiator and overflow tank to proper level and reinstall radiator cap. Start engine.
- Turn heater on hot and fan on high.
- Idle engine for 15 minutes.
- Turn vehicle off and allow engine to cool.
- Top off (fill up) radiator and leave Bar’s Leaks Liquid Copper in cooling system for continued protection. Drive vehicle as normal. For severe leaks, like a blown head gasket, it is recommended to use Bar’s Leaks Head Gasket Fix or professional-grade HEAD SEAL™ Blown Head Gasket Repair.